The final camera-ready manuscript of your paper should account for all the critical reviewers’ feedback.
Please be advised that your manuscript should strictly comply with the very same paper template specified in the submission phase. Please note that the final papers are limited to either 3 (short paper) or 6 pages (regular paper), and you will not be able to pay over-length charges for the extra pages. The following steps are required for successful final submission:
• Camera Ready Copy (PDF) of your paper
• Xplore compliance check PDF
• Completed and signed IAP copyright form (PDF)
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of each paper.
For LaTeX documents use:
For Microsoft Word documents use:
Microsoft Word users can use: ‘Insert’ -> ‘Textbox’, insert the appropriate copyright notice in the textbox, and place the box (without border) at the bottom left on the first page.
The output of your Copyright notice should look like this:
978-3-903176-54-6 © 2023 IFIP
For papers where ALL the authors are either employees of the US government, Crown governments or the European Union, the authors should contact the publication chairs to verify the copyright statement to use.
• The title is set in 24 pt non-bold
• Any running headers/footers or page-numbers must be removed
• Columns should be balanced, i.e. have the same length on each page
• Blue-underlining for URLs and email addresses should be removed
• Papers must be in US-Letter size. A4 or other sizes are not allowed
Please note that you should prepare the final manuscript with no page numbering.
• Go to IEEE PDF express Website.
• Create an IEEE PDF express account (use conference ID: 57372X).
• Use ‘new user’ if you haven’t used this site before.
Use IEEE PDF eXpress to check if your PDF file is Xplore-compliant, OR, else, you can use this site to convert your source files into an IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file (e.g., for LaTeX users, create a zip file that includes dvi and your eps figure files altogether, and then upload the zip file for the system to convert into a compliant PDF file; for MSWord users, upload the Word file and let it convert and return a compliant PDF file).
IEEE PDF eXpress will send to your email an IEEE Xplore compliant version of your paper. You must then upload this version on EDAS (deadline 20 March 2023 23:59 CET). When uploading your paper on EDAS, please answer the question regarding permission to record and post your presentation.
The copyright form originally from the IFIP website will be sent pre-filled to the corresponding author. Please be sure to sign it and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do so no later than 20 March 23:59 CET as this step is compulsory for paper inclusion in the technical program and its submission for publication by IFIP Digital Library and IEEE Xplore@.
Selected ONDM2023 papers will be considered for publication in the IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking (JOCN) ONDM2023 Special Issue, to be published in Spring 2024. The selection criteria include the conference paper’s score, novelty, and impact. The extensibility of the paper with significant new material is also a key requirement for inclusion in this Special Issue.
Authors are encouraged to submit either abstract / short papers (3 pages US letter size) or full papers (up to 6 pages US Letter size) in standard IEEE conference style (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html), describing original, unpublished research results, not currently under review by another conference or journal, addressing forefront research and development in the area of optical network design and modelling.
Authors of 3-page papers must ensure their papers are formatted correctly, i.e., they are exactly 3 completely filled pages.
Only PDF files with all fonts embedded are accepted. Your submitted PDF file and registered EDAS account of a paper must list the same author(s), title and abstract. Papers where the PDF and EDAS account do not match the author(s), title, and/or abstract will be withdrawn by the Technical Program Co-Chairs.
Authors must submit their papers electronically through EDAS using the following link: https://edas.info/N29851.
Accepted papers are expected to be included in IEEE Xplore.
Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Photonics Society
Supported by IFIP TC6
Following the tradition of previous editions, ONDM 2023 will address cutting-edge research in optical networking in support of a wide variety of new services and applications. This includes the most recent trends such as: 5G and beyond; data-centre networking; Internet of Things; cloud/edge computing; content delivery networks; data analytics, network telemetry and real-time monitoring; autonomic networking; artificial intelligence / machine learning assisted networks; visible light communications; and Quantum Internet.
Such trends drive the need for increased capacity, efficiency, flexibility adaptability and intelligence in the functions that optical networks must perform in the next years. In turn, these challenging needs can be addressed by developing new optical network architectures, based on different optical network disaggregation models, exploiting and integrating novel multidimensional photonic technologies as well as by adopting open and highly programmable hardware and software platforms such as software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV). The ultimate goal of such network revolution is to enable new business models and opportunities for network operators and their customers. The scope of the conference includes but is not limited to the following topics related specifically to optical devices, systems, and networks:
• Advances in optical network modelling and optimization
• Routing and spectrum assignment in fixed and flex-grid optical networks
• Optical network availability, resilience, survivability, security and privacy
• Multi-layer (e.g., IP over optical) networking
• Quantum technologies and Quantum Internet
• Optical networks exploiting photonic integrated circuits
• Visible light communications and networks
• Optical and wireless network convergence, including radio-over-fibre access networks
• Optical networks in 5G and beyond: backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul networking
• Novel and multidimensional optical network architectures
• Multi-mode/few-modes/multi-core optical spatial division multiplexed (SDM) networks
• Novel optical node designs including disaggregation and open optical line systems
• Optical networks in support of intra-/inter-data centre connectivity and cloud/edge computing
• Optical network control, management and orchestration including SDN and NFV solutions
• Slicing, service chaining, virtualization and multi-tenancy techniques
• Orchestration and control of IT and network resources in optical data-centre networks
• Novel network telemetry and real-time monitoring technologies for optical networks
• Energy efficiency
• Impact of the hollow fibre revolution in network design
• Optical networking in support of vertical industries
• Field trials and interoperability demonstrations
• Techno-economic studies
• Zero-touch network and service management
• Network function acceleration
• In-network computing
Best Paper Award
The best paper award will be awarded a monetary prize of 1000 euros. All submitted papers presented by first authors are subject to the best paper award. The best paper will be selected by the conference award scientific committee. The best paper will be selected based on the technical excellence and quality of the presentation. A decision on the best paper award will be made during the conference and announced on the last day.
The best student paper award will be awarded a monetary prize of 500 euros. Only papers with a student as the first author will be eligible for the competition. The best student paper will be selected by the conference award scientific committee. The best student paper will be selected based on the technical excellence and quality of the presentation. A decision on the best student paper award will be made during the conference and announced on the last day.
Submission deadline (firm):
20 Dec. 2022; 20 Jan. 2023; 27 January 2023
Acceptance notification: 10 March 2023
Camera-ready submission: 20 March 2023
Conference date: 08-11 May 2023